Sunday 12 February 2012

My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever. – Psalm 145:21


Today’s Scripture Reading (February 12, 2012): Psalm 145

I love sports. I love sports sometimes even when I am not a fan of either of the teams. I love the drama, the strategy of the game. I love watching people that are passionate about the game that they have devoted themselves to playing – and just watching them play. It often doesn’t matter the sport. I can get into almost anything.

But my interest goes beyond sports. I love to watch people that are good at almost anything – do what they are good at. I love the passion that people have for some of the things that they do. It is a passion that I want to emulate in my own life.

So sometimes I wonder why we don’t feel the same way about God. I mean, how is it that we can get excited about the stuff that we are passionate about and not be excited about the God displays his passion in the creation of the world that surrounds us. I get that there is a fundamental difference between sports and God, but there is still should be a passion that wells up from somewhere deep inside of us for the God that we serve.

The Worship Service should never be something that we just get through. It should be a place where our passion for the things of God is given voice – an exciting experience that we can’t wait to experience. We gather to honor God and each other and praise the one who so passionately created and loves us.

Come, let us worship!

Tomorrow’s Scripture Reading: Psalm 146

No comments:

Post a Comment