Today's Scripture Reading (August 28, 2026): Jeremiah 31
Many
years ago, I was out in the early morning hours when I came across a teen walking
somewhere. I have no idea what either of us was doing out at that time of the
day, but summer was in full swing, and the morning was still, warm, and
perfect. The one thing I do remember was that the teen was celebrating
something, because in the stillness of the morning, I could hear him singing,
and I paused from my journey just to listen. And, while I was aware of this
teen, the teen had no idea that I was there.
I
admit that I love to stand and hear someone sing who doesn't know that I am
listening. There is so much joy that seems to spill innocently from their
souls. Even those who argue that they don't really like music sometimes find
themselves in a position where it seems that only a song can express the
emotions that are welling up from within.
I
think that is what it is supposed to be like as we gather together in our
various places of worship. We
sing together, not because we are good at singing; we make a joyful noise that
spills directly out of our souls and into the places of worship in which we
find ourselves.
So,
the next time you find yourself in your place of worship, don't worry about who
can hear you sing. Lose
yourself in the joy of serving God and make your praises heard. It is long
past the time when we should all be crying out to God, for He has promised to save
us!
Tomorrow's
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 32
No comments:
Post a Comment